Sunday, January 01, 2006

The pensive pentocostal.
The angels have visited my life more than once, I've never seen them. Unbuckling after every accident, I never saw them. Having a drink after every close call, I never saw them. Waking up after a dangerous night, I never felt them. Wheeling out of the hospital three days later, I never knew they were there. Checking myself and standing up the bike to get it rolling again, I was too busy sorting out how I lowsided to suspect something was up. I do suspect they left me to my own for my ingratitude. Maybe they never left, and while I thought they were gone, while I was working so hard, I saw that there was more to my luck than coincidence. I was grateful for my luck, and thought I had used it all up and the rest was left to me to make something of my blessings. I thought my good fortune was over. One last angel has come into my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home