Friday, June 09, 2006

The daily habit of pushing ahead, of chipping away at the stone whether it's aimless and pointless or purposefully toward a valid goal. This forms a habit of pushing through our fears on levels we are not consciously aware of. Our mind functions outside our immediate focus. These machinations are often more directly influenced by habit than conscious decision. Consider the percentage of outcome that depends on the auto-pilot of habit versus conscious selections to act. Conscious selection creates habit and this moment's action. Habit contributes and if no choice is made habit defines. I wish I would have known this when I was young. “What would it take today, to be the man I know I can be?” A good daily question.


My last angel is still with me, as are the ones who protected me in the past. Sometimes I wonder why people were saved, Some are saved to be the puppet of bad habits, the temptor's puppet. I should read Screwtape again, John Cleese does an excellent audio book. An excellent read paired with De Profundis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home