Friday, January 28, 2005

Forgot about this one, its funny how things tend to repeat themselves. I restarted "The Last New Day" and abandoned it again. There is something cathartic about blogging. It would seem that I am here every time there is a turning point, only I keep turning the same corner. How circular bad habits are, that it reminds me of that Jimmy Buffet lyric, " some people say there's a woman to blame, but I know,..... it's my own damn fault." Truer words were never spoken, so to speak.
Speaking of women and turning the same corner, I suspect that it is always better to breakup with a friend than an enemy. Always remember the beginning when you leave, or the next one will start where the last one ended. If her communication failsafe is to drive you batshit crazy, you should have left or started listening long ago. Of course, when there are kids involved, all bets are off, you get to swallow your pride and take one for the team. I wish I would have known that before I got divorced, then again she left, and went to great depths to demonstarte how broken and departed she was, and you can't make somebody love you.
I took a look around this morning, and saw myself in the mirror and realized that I have to do what I have to do. How many times do I have to remind myself to return to this moment? As many as it takes. I won't be happy until I am writing again. I should change the title to "The Last New Day" which was a personal journal I have started twice and the subject of conversations with a sculpter friend. More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home